Guide To Bill Hound™ By MIRS
- View Printable Version
If your business requires you to be current on Michigan government affairs, then you need Bill Hound.
Brought to you by the award winning MIRS News team and designed to offer the most advanced legislative research, tracking, and reporting tools in Michigan, Bill Hound is used by lobbyists, associations, government entities, unions, and media outlets across the state.
How to Sign Up for Bill Hound
Do you currently subscribe to MIRS news coverage? Your Bill Hound subscription will integrate effortlessly with your mirsnews.com account and all Capitol Capsule subscribers receive a $200 discount on their annual Bill Hound subscription. Not a Capitol Capsule subscriber? No problem. Bill Hound can be purchased separately, as well.
Schedule a demonstration to see everything Bill Hound can do for you
Our extensive research features allow you to search every piece of legislation by compiled law codes, keywords, and related information.
- Our keyword searches bring every bill, committee, legislative analysis, news story, press release and more to you in seconds and narrow the results to exactly what you're looking for.
- Use our one of a kind Bill Text Comparison to highlight and compare all changes to every version of every bill - whether it's one page or a thousand.
- Use the Michigan Common Law chapters and sections to find all related legislation in seconds.
- View comprehensive profiles and biographies for each legislator, as well as all sponsored legislation and committee memberships.
Our track management interface has been expanded with more options to help you organize all of your real-time updates and information.
- Add multiple custom alert trackers to send real-time notifications to multiple email and cell phone numbers within the same account, instead of sending everything to the same individual - make sure all of your people are up to date no matter what happens.
- Unlimited bill groups allow you to organize your priorities by client, category, interest, contractor, status - there is no limit.
- Select an unlimited number of committees to track and be instantly notified every time a new hearing is posted, updated, revised, or cancelled.
- Keyword Tracking provides you with live updates on bill text, news stories, press releases and other legislative documents.
- Track introduced legislation by compiled law chapter and section through email or text message.
- Anywhere you see a bill referenced within www.mirsnews.com you will be able to start following it in seconds with our pop-out tracking menu.
- Add documents, custom positions, and unlimited notes to all of your legislation and include them in your custom reports.
- Reorganize bills within your tracks to display them any way you need to for your reports.
Our reporting options make sure you can communicate with your clients, update your staff, and stay on top of all your legislative updates.
- Use our House and Senate Action Reports to monitor every day of session through our live floor debate coverage.
- Daily reports send the latest changes to your legislation and committees, as well as keyword updates and introduced language affecting your MCL citations. straight to your inbox at the end of every legislative day.
- Weekly reports are sent directly to your inbox and show the last seven days of action on your legislation, committee calendars based on the tracks or committees you've chosen include, and your tracking lists by category and track name.
- Export and share custom tracking reports with the latest updates and information
- Use our directories to easily access detailed profiles of House and Senate members and committees, the supreme court, executive offices, department directors, and congressional members.
We can customize every account for any organization or business.
* = Add-ons available
Want to see everything?
Email or call us for one-on-one or office-wide demonstrations - 517-482-2125
Statewide Headlines'I like to work': How Rick Jones became the most successful lawmaker of his time
Retired judge to allocate MSU settlement funds to Nassar victims
Immigration protests on family separations planned throughout Michigan
Engler: 'I apologize' for 'regrettable' email about Nassar victims
Attorney-client privilege hindering AG's MSU-Nassar probe, special counsel says