SR9, As Adopted by Senate, February 5, 2019
Senators Outman, Wojno, Nesbitt, Lucido, Daley and Johnson offered the following resolution:
Senate Resolution No. 9.
A resolution to commemorate February 1, 2019, as Blue Star Mother's Day.
Whereas, Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc., is a national organization of mothers whose sons and daughters serve honorably in the nation's armed forces; and
Whereas, Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc., was founded in Flint, Michigan, in 1942; and
Whereas, The purposes and activities of Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc., include all of the following:
· Perpetuating the memory of the men and women who have served our country as members of the armed forces;
· Welcoming home returning veterans;
· Visiting wounded veterans in hospitals and rehabilitation centers;
· Assisting in veterans ceremonies;
· Attending patriotic rallies and meetings;
· Maintaining true allegiance to the government of the United States;
· Upholding the American institutions of freedom, justice, and equal rights;
· Caring for the unsupported mothers who gave their sons and daughters to the service of the nation; and
· Providing moral support for members.
; now, therefore, be it
Resolved by the Senate, That the members of this legislative body commemorate February 1, 2019, as Blue Star Mother's Day; and be it further
Resolved, We recognize the contributions that Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc., has made to our state and nation.